BE.Dance is committed to protecting you and your dependents’ personal information. We are committed to providing a safe environment for all our customers, employees, casual and freelance workers and everybody who comes into contact with us, both physically and virtually (online). This Privacy Statement relates to the use of any personal information provided to us online or via application forms, telephone, email exchange, letters or correspondence.
Whenever you provide such information, we are legally obliged to use your information in line with current legislation concerning the protection of personal information, including the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulations.
Data protection principles
The legislation sets out various data protection principles. These include that personal information is:
- Used fairly and lawfully
- Used for limited, specifically stated purposes
- Used in a way that is adequate, relevant and not excessive
- Kept for no longer than is absolutely necessary
- Kept safe and secure
- Not transferred outside the European economic area without adequate protection
The legislation conveys various individual rights. These include the following:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erase
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
What information does BE.Dance have about me?
The legislation requires that there is a clear legal basis for processing personal information. In general BE.Dance relies on the individual’s consent in order to process their data.
When you participate in or sign up to any BE.Dance class, activity or workshop, we may collect and store personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number and date of birth, depending on how you are engaging with us. By submitting your details, you enable us to provide you with the products or services that you have selected.
When taking pictures of students in class or filming performances, BE.Dance ask for parental permission. BE.Dance may use the images resulting from the photography/video filming, and any reproductions or adaptations of the images for fundraising, publicity or other purposes to help achieve the group’s aims. This might include (but is not limited to), the right to use them in their printed and online publicity, social media, press releases and funding applications.
BE.Dance does NOT share your personal information with third parties, unless clearly stated. We do NOT sell your data, and neither do we buy data from third parties.
What are cookies and how do you use them?
How will you use my personal information?
- We will use your personal information for a number of purposes including:
- To provide you with information about our products, services and activities and to deal with your requests and enquiries, including complaints
- For "service administration purposes", which means that we may contact you for reasons related to the service or activity you signed up for (e.g., change of details regarding a class you attend, etc.)
- To contact you about an application you have made
- To process your application for employment and where applicable your employment once appointed
- As and when we need to use your personal information for reasons other than the ones specified above, we will ensure that we notify you first. You will be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for the use of your personal information for purposes other than those listed above.